Welcome

My name is Mary and I love to play with paper and all the goodies. I think I have an addiction!! I just enjoy it so much.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

HCBC Day 8

Hello everyone,
I really loved the techniques used today. I am such of BIG fan of the distress inks! I just enjoy working with them and they really add so much to a card. For today's card I used a Tim Holtz tree stamp from his holiday set. I used distress inks in faded jeans, chipped sapphire and evergreen bough. But my problem was I do not have the distress stain in picket fence and the ones that I do have are dark so they wouldn't show up. So I used the pearl paint on my stamp and instead of spritzing the stamp itself I did that after the paint dried and directly on the card itself. At first I wasn't sure I would like it but it really does shine and look beautiful in person. Oh and the background stamp I used is from Hero arts "out of print". Then I added twine and two small bells and added the cute tag with papertrey ink stamp "twinkle". I hope you like my card. Thanks for taking a peek :)

3 comments:

  1. FABULOUS card!!!! I love the swirls!
    I haven't tried this technique yet. Waiting for my new DIs to arrive in the mail! Aren't they great? I had no idea how fun they were!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Mary, close to what Jennifer did but yet quite different. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your card very much! I love that Jennifer emphasizes improvising with the supplies you have. You did that very well here. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete